The Arts and Cultural Program will support California eligible nonprofit cultural institutions defined as registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities that satisfy the criteria for a qualified small business (as defined in Cal. Gov. Code Section 12100.82(f)), but with no limitation on annual gross revenue, and that is in one of the following North American Industry Classification System codes:
(A) 453920 – Art Dealers.
(B) 711110 – Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters.
(C) 711120 – Dance Companies.
(D) 711130 – Musical Groups and Artists.
(E) 711190 – Other Performing Arts Companies.
(F) 711310 – Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events with Facilities.
(G) 711320 – Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events without Facilities.
(H) 711410 – Agents and Managers for Artists, Athletes, Entertainers, and Other Public Figures.
(I) 711510 – Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers.
(J) 712110 – Museums.
(K) 712120 – Historical Sites.
(L) 712130 – Zoos and Botanical Gardens.
(M) 712190 – Nature Parks & Other Similar Institutions.
Opens: March 16th, 2021
Closes: March 26th, 2021 at 5:00 pm
- Eligible arts and cultural nonprofits can apply during any of the open rounds but will only be awarded one grant.
- The Arts and Cultural Program will have a separate application process.
- Must be able to provide organizing documents including 2019 tax returns or Form 990s, copy of official filing with the California Secretary of State if applicable, or local municipality, as applicable, including, but not limited to, Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Organization, Fictitious Name of Registration, or Government-Issued Business License.
- Must be able to provide acceptable form of government-issued photo identification
- Grants will be prioritized based on documented percentage revenue declines based on a reporting period comparing Q2 and Q3 of 2020 (as reported by the applicant on the application) versus Q2 and Q3 of 2019
- Nonprofit cultural institutions defined as registered 501(c)(3)
- Must have began operating prior to June 1, 2019.
- Must be currently active and operating or have a clear plan to reopen when the state permits reopening of the business.
- Must have been impacted by COVID-19 and the related health and safety restrictions, such as business interruptions or business closures incurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Is the entity, location, or franchise with the highest revenue in a group.
- Lendistry will make available three award sizes based on gross annual revenue: (i) $5,000 awards for eligible applicants with gross annual revenue of at least $1,000 up to $100,000 in the 2019 taxable year; (ii) $15,000 awards for eligible applicants with gross annual revenue greater than $100,000 up to $1,000,000 in the 2019 taxable year; and (iii) $25,000 awards for eligible applicants with gross annual revenue greater than $1,000,000 in the 2019 taxable year.
Need help with the application process?
Need Additional Help?
Contact Our Call Center:
Call center hours:
Monday – Friday
7:00 AM – 7:00 PM PST
Closed 5/31 and 7/5 Holidays